I got an nice email where women was asking if she is crazy, but she wants to have a tulle skirt. Just the same kind of as her daughter has. I told her: Absolutely you can!! Why not? If you just choose the right kind of tulle (veil or bridal) you can look great! Or what you think about it? Is tulle skirt more for little girls.
I think is all about the attitude! You don´t need to look like a princess or a bride if you choose your shirt and accessories well.
This tulle skirt is made with this pattern: Click As you can see the same pattern goes easily with kids and women´s tulle skirt.
For this tulle skirt I multiplied waist measure by three.
And with this skirt I multiplied waist measure ONLY BY TWO!! So it wont be so fluffy.
If you need help just email me: email@example.com
Today is my Birthday! I will spend it with my family and friends. ❤
But look what I got this morning! Pictures!!!
This small dress was custom made for this lovely girl. I made a long dress and removable tulle skirt. Now she can were it much longer than usual party dresses.
Seeing these pictures made me glad! Happy Birthday to me.
A month ago I shared this DIY tulle skirt tutorial. Thanks for all the emails and questions you have been sending to me. I decided to share few extra tips for you all./ Kuukausi sitten jaoin tämän tee-se-itse tyllihame -ohjeen. Kiitos kaikista sähköposteista ja kysymyksistä, joita olette lähettäneet. Tässä vielä muutamia ekstra vinkkejä!
1. If you want your skirt to be really fluffy remember to use basic tulle (hard tulle) at least on the bottom layer. In this skirt I used only basic tulle./ Muhkeaan tyllihameeseen kannattaa käyttää perustylliä (kovaa tylliä), ainakin hameen alimpaan kerrokseen. Tämä hame on tehty käyttämällä ainoastaan perustylliä.
2. If you want your skirt to fall down nicely then use only bridal tulle/wedding tulle or veil tulle./ Kauniisti laskeutuvaan tyllihameeseen kannattaa käyttää ohuempaa morisustylliä tai huntutylliä.
If you need any help or you want to have one of these of your own you can email me: firstname.lastname@example.org/ Jos tarvitset apua tai haluat yhden tällaisen tyllihameen itsellesi, niin voit laittaa s.postia tulemaan: email@example.com
I decided to share these tips one more time. I think this is easy and quick way to make a simple tulle skirt.
1. First you need to measure your waist. Then multiply your waist measure by three or four. That´s the number how wide your tulle should be if you want your skirt to be really fluffy. For example kids skirt waist measure is 52cm x 3 = 156cm (1,56 meters). So your tulle needs to be at least 1,6 meters wide.
2. Next cut your tulle into single layers. In this skirt I used two layers of basic tulle and two layers of bridal tulle. Then it´s time to start pleading all the tulle layers like this. Leave 5-6 cm between each folding.
3. Now sew all the tulle layers one by one. Use the widest stitch and leave the other end open. Don´t tight it off.
4. Gather it up by pulling the other string carefully. Do the same thing to all your tulle layers.
5. Now you should have all your tulle layers gathered up so you can sew all layers together.
6.Now your tulle layers are all sewed together and it looks like a skirt.
7.You´ll need two satin ribbons to finish the skirt. Sew one on each side of the skirt.
8. Skirt is ready!
I can´t believe that it´s been already two years since I started designing and creating dresses. I have learned a lot about fabrics, patterns and sewing just in a short time. Two amazing years many dresses, photo shoots,friends and good times.
Last year I did custom made dresses for friends and customers. I also did wedding dresses and some other dresses just to try out my ideas.
Thank you Dorit Salutskij and Risto Kuulasmaa for amazing photos. Thanks to fabric store Eurokangas and all my friends who worked as models.
If you are interested about my dresses or if you need an unique dress you can email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
I went trough our pictures from the last summer. When I saw these pictures from our photo shoots I started to miss summer. We had so much fun with Sonja and Rebecca while taking these pictures. This lace wedding dress is also one of my favorites from all the dresses I have ever created.